June 21, 2021 @ 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm |
- This event has passed.
Screening Venue: Lawrence Public Library Lawn
(707 Vermont St.)
Director: Brett Leonard
Writer & a Producer: Michael D. Coffey
Narrative feature. Running time: 1 hour 40 minutes.
Special Guest: Writer/Producer Michael D. Coffey
Inspired by a true story, a bright and determined high school senior strives one last time to be a wrestler despite having cerebral palsy. Going to extreme lengths, he crushes obstacles and inspires others along his journey to prove his abilities.
This semi-autobiographical film is written by Lawrence filmmaker Michael Coffey and stars RJ Mitte of Breaking Bad.
Event Sponsors & Partners:
- Event is FREE, but registration is required!
- Doors open: 8pm / Screening time: 9pm
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the screening time to guarantee your reservation.
- Please bring your own lawn chairs and blankets. Bathrooms will be available on site.
- Please seat your party socially distanced from others. Festival personnel will be on site to assist.
- In the event of inclement weather, this film will screen at Liberty Hall (644 Massachusetts St). Registered patrons will receive an email of the change no later than 5pm on the day of show and the venue change will be posted on the Free State Festival website and social media.
- Physical tickets are not required. Please check in with festival personnel at the Free State Festival information table upon arrival and we’ll check your name off the list.
- Let us know if you’d like to reserve accessible seating. We are happy to accommodate!
Doors open at 8pm for live music by Lem Sheppard, prizes from Game Nut, puzzle experiences from Breakout Lawrence, food available for purchase by Pedestrian Cheese and a special appearance by Triumph writer-producer Michael D. Coffey.